2000 Jimmy Instrument Cluster

I was wondering if anyone could inform me of why my instrument cluster doesn't work right. The fuel gague doesn't work leaving the low fuel light on, the battery light stays on, the tempreature gauage doesn't work, the lights showing you what gear you're in don't work, and I'm beginning to doubt my oil pressure gauge. All this happened about the time I replaced the alternator in it. I've already ordered another used cluster off of ebay (I was told by the dealership that it was probably the instrument cluster) and it does the exact thing when installed, so I doubt that. I also have checked and replaced the fuses that control everything, they were fine when I took them out but I replaced them anyway. Didn't help. Does anyone know how this would of happened?

Reply to
labtechjc

responding to

gldsumr wrote: What was your results from this old post? I am having the SAME problem w the exact same year, make & model.

snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

CommunityWeb and RSS access to your favorite newsgroup - alt.autos.gm - 50238 messages and counting!##-----------------------------------------------##

Reply to
gldsumr