2001 Oldsmobile Silhouette Premier Rear AC Problem

I have a 2001 Oldsmobile Silhouette Premier and have recently discovered that the rear HVAC blows hot air when the AC is activated. The front has cold air coming from the vents, but the back has hot air blowing. The temperature of the air is always hot, even though I have tried adjusting the temperature setting using both the front and rear controls. The fluid lines under the van are hot (engine coolant) and cold (AC refrigerant), so it seems as if the problem is just in the HVAC unit. Maybe it is just the damper. I have yet to open up the side trim panel to see what I can see. Is there anyone that has had this problem and can help?

Thanks in advance.

Todd

Reply to
Todd Machacek

Todd, had quite a time getting signed up! I had youre problem on my 2000 Silhouette, I know you are not going to want to hear this BUT, it was the divider valve or some such name,less than 200 dollers for the part BUT,550 TOTAL. It is in the rear so lots of labor.+ total recharge ect. chev dealership in tennessee If it didnt'get so hot here I might have let it go. good luck.

Reply to
bighook