engine

I have a 1996 Corsica with the 2.2L/auto trans., just what other gm vehicles and years will this engine/tranny combo fit in?

The car was totalled out by the insurance company, and if I can't find another '96 Corsica, i was thinking of putting it in something else.

If anyone knows of a site I can cross-reference the numbers at, I would appreciate it.

Thanks!

Reply to
Terry Mosley

The 95-2002 cavalier is the only other car that uses the 2.2L with the 3 speed automatic. I believe the Buick Century of the early 90's had this engine option but the majority sold had the V6. Why would you even want this poor performer of an engine with the ancient 3 speed automatic? I had a 95 corsica with the same engine and it was a slug.

Reply to
vince

At least the spark plugs are easier to change in the 4 banger as compared to the 3.1 or 2.8 V6's.

"vince" wrote in news:QcTIe.184355$tt5.75730@edtnps90:

Reply to
Justin

Because it's my slug......

Reply to
Terry Mosley

it will fit an S-10 just change the mounts

Reply to
Blue

I don't think so, a Corsica is FWD. Now maybe the engine alone will fit, I don't know.

nate

Blue wrote:

Reply to
Nate Nagel

Like it really matters. Spark plugs are good for 100K miles (platinum tipped) and I usually get rid of my cars at 60K miles.

Reply to
vince