2003 Cavalier Shaky Mirror

I have a 2003 Cavalier 4dr with power mirrors. I have noticed that the driver-side mirror is very shaky (the glass itself) even when sitting still with the radio on. Driving on the freeway with the wind resistance really makes the glass vibrate. The passenger mirror is solid. I have the dealer replace the mirror with another new one, under warranty, and the new one does the exact same thing. Is this a known "defect" (i.e. cheaply made) with the driver-side mirrors? This is totally unacceptable. I've afraid that putting yet another mirror on will only have the same problem.

I did a little research on the 'Net and can find nothing related to this problem such as a TSB, etc., nor anyone else mentioning this problem.

Reply to
Scholar779

I noticed the same thing with my 2003 Malibu, but it's not bad enough to be unusable.

If I want to see what's on the driver's side, I usually turn my head to look anyway, so it's not a biggy for me.

Brad

Reply to
Brad Clarke