How to replace Fiesta (1998) wing mirror

Hi,

I've need to fit a replacement driver-side wing mirror to my 1998 Ford Fiesta 1.25 Encore, petrol (it's the type with a little handle to position the mirror from the inside), I need to replace the whole unit not just the glass, as the other one was completely smashed. Can anyone tell me where I start as I can't even get the old one off! I've misplaced my Haynes manual after a house move too so I'm stuck. Is there a web site that gives instructions.

Thanks, Jason.

Reply to
Witchsmeller

firstly remove the black plastic triangular cover, this is just pressed on so a firm pull in the correct place should remove it without breakage. behind you will find 3 screws to remove the unit and replace. steve.

Reply to
steve

hiya Jason,

now don't hold me to this, 'cos I've had a drink and a sleep since I last played with a fizzer,

the trim on the inside of the door carefully prises off and there are three screws that hold the mirror to the door. you may or may not have to remove the little adjusting handle if it won't fit through the trim (or if the new mirror doesn't come with one)

sorry if I don't sound too helpful

pottsy

Reply to
pottsy