2007 Buick Velite

Saw this in the Business section of the Chicago Tribune 4/14/04:

To welcome the Buick Velite concept convertible designed to take on the Japanese in the luxury segment begining in 2007, General Motors held a dinner and served sushi.

GM said Velite, which will take the place of the Park Avenue, was named for "an elite class of quick moving soldiers in Napolean's army". GM did not, however, say whether, in keeping with the Napolean theme, a future vehicle would be named Waterloo.

Looks like I got two more years to make up my mine whether I want to buy the Park Avenue or not.

========= Harryface =========

1991 Pontiac Bonneville LE 3800 V6 ( C ), Black/Slate Grey _~_~_~_~279, 000 miles_~_~_

~_~_~_~_U.S.A._~_~_~_~_~_

Reply to
Harry Face

That is one sweet looking car. It's the only Buick that I wouldn't mind owning.

Reply to
Phillip Schmid

How will a two seat V6 RWD convertible replace Buick's large FWD Park Avenue?

mike hunt

Harry Face wrote:

Reply to
DustyRhoades

Don't know MIke, perhaps there will be a 4 door & a convertible.

Time will tell.

========= Harryface =========

1991 Pontiac Bonneville LE 3800 V6 ( C ), Black/Slate Grey _~_~_~_~279, 000 miles_~_~_

~_~_~_~_U.S.A._~_~_~_~_~_

Reply to
Harry Face

There will sedan version; much like the GTO, this is a Holden (in this case the forthcoming VE Commodore) in Buick clothing.

Reply to
Levi Ramsey

Not so. The new 2006 Park Ave will be built off the Zeta platform as will the yet unnamed LeSabre RWD replacement. The stretched Zeta Park Ave will offer a V8 while the LeSabre RWD replacement while remain a V6.

mike hunt

Levi Ramsey wrote:

Reply to
DustyRhoades

The 2006 Park Ave will continue as a 4dr sedan with a V8, no convertible will be offered.

mike hunt

Harry Face wrote:

Reply to
DustyRhoades

And the Zeta is... the Velite's platform. I'm right, and you're wrong. Thanks for playing:

"GM unveiled the Buick Velite today, an upscale rear-drive mid-size automobile. Named for an elite class of quick-moving soldiers in Napoleon's army, the Velite was designed at GM's Advanced Studio in Warren, Michigan and assembled at coachbuilder Stile Bertone's studio in Italy. *Its sister car, the Opel Insignia, debuted the Zeta architecture* at the Frankfurt International Auto Show last year."

Reply to
Levi Ramsey

Yes it is built on a Zeta platform but a short wheel base version with a V6, not the long wheel base V8 version on which the Park Ave. will be built. So you see to say the Velite will replace the Park Ave is not correct. Therefore I'm the one that is correct and YOU are wrong. Now finish you homework before your Dad gets home. ;)

mike hunt

Lei Ramose wrote:

Reply to
DustyRhoades