3800 V-6 intake

I know the 3800 series 2 engines had a lot of problems with the intake leaking but what about the series one?

I have a 94 regal with the series one and was just wondering if these engines were prone to the same problem?

Reply to
steven mantas

I believe that the series 2 problems centered around the use of a composite material intake manifold. Series 1 did not have that.

---Bob Gross---

Reply to
Robertwgross

The series 1 did not suffer the same problems because the EGR tubes enter the upper plenum differently, that said, the series 1 do sometimes suffer coolant leaks from warping where the throttle body bolts on.

Reply to
aarcuda69062

Some of the Series 1 engines do use an upper composite intake plenum...but as another poster pointed out, the difference is how the EGR gases are plumbed into the upper plenum.

Ian

Reply to
shiden_kai

Steven

Here some documents regarding the 3800 intake manifold gasket : Service bulletin :

Bulletin :
bulletin GM :
solution :
Christophe SALVAING

Web site :

Cars (Ford Aerostar LPG, Chevy Suburban LPG, AMC Pacer, BuickRoadmaster Estate Wagon, Pontiac Montana), Kitesurfing ... "steven mantas" a écrit dans le message de news:41ed84c1 snipped-for-privacy@news.vic.com...

Reply to
Christophe Salvaing

Ummm, hate to tell you this but, all of those are for a different engine; 3.1 and 3.4 liter Chevrolet built and they apply to 96 and newer. The OP was asking about a 94 Buick built 3.8...

Reply to
aarcuda69062

Reply to
newsgroup