4L60e oil pump rotor cracked

2 weeks after I rebuilt my transmission (94 roadmaster wagon), the pump rotor cracked in 3 places. So I am buying a 13 vane rebuild kit. Does anyone have thoughts on why it may have cracked apart? Thanks for any good ideas.
Reply to
sdowney717

Shep

inner, the one that holds the vanes. It was a 10 vane rotor

Reply to
sdowney717

Pumps often fail because the torque convertor wasn't fully seated into the pump during reassembly. One clue is if you have to use the bolts to pull the tranny against the engine. The tranny should be flat and flush against the engine before any bolts are tightened.

Dave

Reply to
Hairy