8 track tape deck?

A friend of mine has an 8 track tape deck that he says came out of a 1968-69 Camaro.

First question; did GM put 8 track tape decks in 68/69 Camaros?

Second question is; What's it worth? Condition is good, at least it looks good, but don't know if it works.

Thanks, Phil

Reply to
PM

My 68 Buick catalogue lists a Stereo Tape player ( 8 track ) as an option for all 68 Buick models. I don't see why it wouldn't be offered in Camaro's or other GM vehicles. You did need the AM -FM and rear seat speaker option in order to get the tape player.

Not sure of its cash value. Its probably worth more to somebody who may be more interested in showing a car at a car show that has one, but isn't too concerned if it works.

Its kind of like the early 60's cars that offered record players under the dash. There nice to see, but we wouldn't know if they work or not. I think the needle would skip alot on rough roads.

1991 Pontiac Bonneville LE 3800 V6 ( C ), Black/Slate Grey _~_~_~282,703 miles_~_~_

~~~The Former Fleet ~~~

Harry Face