Latest threads in General Motors Forumshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

350 Chevy Van slows down + pings on hills
Hello Folks. 1979 Chev van 20 Series, 350 v8 + AT Runs fine on flat - pings + slows down on hills. Using premium gas. Fuel filter changed. Is this a timing issue? Vacuum advance questionable? Any...
3
3

Some Olds dealers lose again
every year when other bail out on them. They took the annuity to get more money than the lump sum offer. Maybe us taxpayers should get together and take up a collection for them. We'll call it...
5
5

Where is the stimlulus mony going?
Half of the 4.4 BILLION, green initiative money, that BO and the Democrat controlled Congress said would create good American jobs, is going to foreign corporations and foreign countries, according to...
157
157

GM gets to dump its polluted sites
Poison to the People! GM gets to dump its polluted sites General Motors Co. emerged from bankruptcy, it was freed of obligations for polluted properties at discarded plant sites that will require...
1
1

What GM Needs To Do To Sell Me a Car
What GM Needs To Do To Sell Me a Car commentator Mark writes: Mr. Farago, I?m an avid fan of your web site / blog. General Motors is a frequent subject, often in a negative light (typically, a well...
4
4

1998 chevy venture brake shuddering in reverse
I went to back out of my driveway this morning. When I hit the brakes, they shuddered, almost feeling like they were grabbing/not/grabbing/not. In forward they felt fine. I only had this happen when...
8
8

GM Chairman Whitacre: The culture doesn't need changing
"New" GM = D.O.A. GM Chairman Whitacre: The culture doesn't need changing New General Motors Chairman Edward Whitacre is every bit a Detroit outsider. He?s a lanky Texan who ran a phone company. He...

Top 10 worst reasons not to trade your clunker (or) Maybe it's time to let go of your Chrysler Cordoba
In these tough times it's good to take a moment and enjoy a laugh, and maybe you'll find it on another post. Here are the Top 10 reasons why you shouldn't let the Obama administration twist your arm,...

Many 'Clunker' Dumpers Buy Foreign
Many 'Clunker' Dumpers Buy Foreign Dana Hedgpeth and Sholnn Freeman Washington Post Staff Writers Wednesday, August 5, 2009 Four of the five top-selling cars in the government's "Cash for Clunkers"...
2
2

New GM Is Old GM . . . for Tax Purposes
New GM Is Old GM . . . for Tax Purposes As everyone else?s taxes rise, one favored outfit may not have to pay federal taxes for years: General Motors. In another sweet deal from its benefactors on...
3
3

The great American pe nis machine
I'm driving my Supra in New Hampshire, and for some reason they saw fit to put roundabouts in the middle of Keene. I come up to one, and there is a car already entered to my left, so I wait. All of a...
44
44

97 Grand Am
I have a 97 Grand Am with a 3.1 liter engine everytime after the car has been started the car feels like it wants to hesitate and after the slight hesitation the abs and ets light goes on and stays on...

Buick LeSabre
My wife has decided that our '97 LeSabre ought to be replaced. We've recently had a problem with the exhaust system, plus there is some rust, and driving home today a stone cracked the windscreen. We...
2
2

91 Chevy Truck Front Brake problem...Need help bad!
I started driving this truck about a year ago & it pulled to the left when braking. I figured it needed new pads so about three months ago I changed the pads. The driver side went well but when I went...
12
12

Takers for GM buyout offer fall short of goal, layoffs loom
Looks like a lot of emplyees are gambling the next GM buyout will be this good. We will see. Takers for GM buyout offer fall short of goal, layoffs loom