98 jimmy rear hatch

Hello all,

Well I got the actuator for the rear hatch. Opened the cover, carefully removed the latch system from the handle for the lower half of the door. replaced the acquitter part. Reinstalled all parts. Tested the unit. Now the only way to lower the door section to keep the button pushed in so I can pull the handle down to lower the door.

I went to my neighbor and asked him since I know his was broken at one time. He just did a band-aid repair on his truck. but his doors work correctly. Even opened the cover to look at his, seemed to be the same set-up except he has a larger gap where the lower door release system and the actuator handle meet.

Is there a site that has pix to show how it is done? or does anybody have any ideas on what to look for?

Thanks for your help, Dave-

Reply to
Xanth