A/C in 92 Buick Regal Custom

Car has seperate Driver and Passenger controls for temperature control. With the A/C on Max or Recirculate and temp set to full cold. The air from the passenger side is very cold, but the driver side is not. I took it in and they changed the reciever/dryer and installed the new type freon. This did not solve it. I took out the controls to see if there was something I could clean like the temp control lever, but it is all on a circuit board. Any ideas on what to do next. Could it be the temp control module with all the A/C, heat and defrost buttons. Thanks in advance.

Ken

Reply to
kpantos

Since the car has dual controls, each must be 'controlling' a door/flap in the duct system. Don't know your system, but most systems are operated by vacuum motors that open/close a door within the ducting. I'd be looking for either a vacuum leak in the system. Maybe a bad /disconnected/kinked hose or possibly the motor that controls that part of the duct is faulty. Another possibility is a stuck/broken door/flap. It might be a good idea to check out your local library for a GM service manual for any model within a few years of your car. The different GM brands/models pretty much use the same methods of control in AC systems. You might get some better information that way, or at least some clues.

Curious...do you feel cold air coming from the defrost registers in the scenario you describe? If so, that is a sure sign of a control door/vacuum problem, since 'defrost' is normally the default position of the system.

Hope this is of some use......

Dave S(Texas)

Reply to
putt