air conditioner problem 1988 park ave

my wife just bought a 1988 park ave. when you turn on the ac (climate control) you can hear a fan blowing but little air is coming out the vents. there was an instance when the air did blow out and ac worked fine.

Reply to
Rod H

My guess would be a vacuum hose is either split or not attached or has a hole in it. It sounds like the vents are not opening and closing correctly.

Reply to
Willy

Thanks sometimes i forget the KISS theory. when weather cools a little i will check it out. heat index above 100 latley. this looks like a good weekend early morning project.

Reply to
Rod H

the easiest way to check it is to forget the a/c setting (unless that's part of the slide, instead of a toggle switch for the compressor).

Simply turn on the heater and see if it blows a lot of air on the floor, then go to defrost and do the same, then go to vents and see if it moves the air to those vents.

If you aren't getting much air at any setting from any vents, it could be that a vacuum hose is completely disconnected and you wont' see any changes. if however it does change on some settings, but not to the vents, it may be a different issue.

Let me know.

Willy

Reply to
Willy