Any Buick GSCA guys in here?

I lent a friend of mine a few of my old GS-Xtras for him to read about the Buick vs. Hemi shootouts in the '80s, since I'd told him about it and he found it hard to believe. But then his nephew THREW THEM AWAY! Needless to say I was infuriated. I don't think they are available anymore through the club. I bought an old Musclecar Enthusiast mag (Aug '03) at a flea market with 'Buick vs. Hemi' on the cover and a pic of Richard Lasseter's '70 GS 455 Stage 1. Interestingly, while the article rightly tells of Lasseter's car beating the hemi by several easy car lengths both passes in the first shootout, and of the big rematch which the Hemi won...it says nothing about the third (and tie-breaking) match in which the Buick beat the Hemi (badly) on the first pass and the Hemi owners promptly trailered their car and left--and then--get this-- the Powers that Be somehow managed to have the race declared a "non event." That's why it's so controversial to this day. In fact, IIRC it included was a picture of the Hemi red-lighting, after which the Buick CAUGHT UP TO and PASSED the venerable Hemi. Anyway, if anyone out there still has those articles I'd be interested, please contact me. Even if we could just photocopy them would be fine. I thought someone would've posted them on the net.

Reply to
James Goforth