bailouts

The US Govt GIVES foreign govt billions in cash every year just to like us, NO Return nothing some even use it against us like Pakistan. NO ONE says anything yet use US taxpayer money here in the US all you hear is how bad it is, not taking into consideration the 10s of thousand jobs it saved and many billions in lost taxes for the federal and states involved.

some people have a Hard on for GM probably for other reasons. do i like everything the bailout did NO it affected me more than probably anyone else on this group but IMO it was worth it, take the political crap out of it, I dont like BO either

Reply to
Tom

Government is about inefficiency and control of the people, even USA government. Fund the problem and get more debt-taxes to fix the same problem. Pakistan is a good example.

25% of the population was in mortgage arrears. Bailouts don't work and here is why.

If you have to borrow and steal from others to pay for losers, not only do you still have losers, the people have less money to float the economy and pay their mortgages. Ends up being a greed fest.

Yep, almost ended up in court with my 2001 Regal until they caved and fixed it properly. But when bailouts came, I dumped it for a Ford. No regrets either.

GM made this group political when the asked for a corrupt bailout, when GM?CAW/UAW gets its greedy hands and corruption out of our collective pockets and decides to make competitive autos and pay back what is really owed the taxpayer then GM is a crorrupt criminal political organization.

GM damaged its brand, now the greedy corrupt f--ks can live with it.

If GM/CAW/UAW didn't want this to happen, they shouldn't have asked for taxpayers moneys. And don't give me this crap they paid us back, as that is utter PR bu11shit.

Reply to
Canuck57