Brake booster firewall gasket...

No one sells these dang things! Thought there'd be one in the box. Anyway, do you HAVE to have it? What was it for? Just a bumper pad? I mangled my 18 year old one a bit. (Here's your chance to tell me I goofed) So, in order to be done with the job, I smeared a light coat of Permatex blue RTV on the firewall where the gasket was and then pieced/stuck the old gasket (only 2 pieces) back on over the RTV and installed the booster. Sound good? Just curious.

Kevin

Reply to
funkykev