Buick Mispronounces its Own SUV's Name

That's probably the way the man with the checkbook told him to pronounce it.

RJ in WV

Reply to
RJ in WV

Is that what you call it in Texas? ;-)

Dave

I cant seem to find any of this info in the glossary of

Reply to
Dave Brower

Would that be pronounced Ahn-kor-azsh? ;-)

I'm surprised nobody has yet mentioned one of the most widespread bastardizations of city names. Nobody except the hispanics properly pronounces the city of the angels, la ciudad de Los Angeles.

Reply to
Roy Knable

It's so obvious he's one of those simpletons with a "problem" with SUVs.

-Kenny

Reply to
Kenneth Crudup

Are things slow at the Office de la Langue Française?

Wasn't Mt. Rainier originally called Mt. Tacoma.........Maybe Buick could change names - oh wait, it's taken.

Ed

Reply to
C. E. White

Or the (somewhat small) town in Oregon.

Reply to
Walt Tucker

Well, Jaguar keeps calling their car "Jag-yoo-are."

The snoot factor there really grates.

John

Reply to
The Lindbergh Baby

Well, you'd better get orientated to it.

John

Reply to
The Lindbergh Baby

Really? Where I come from, 'green death' beer is pronounced, "ROL-ing Rahk".

-- C.R. Krieger (Been there; drank that)

Reply to
C.R. Krieger

And I BELIEVE billionaire Tiger Woods rides one of those pieces of s---, I really do!

-Rich

Reply to
Richard

What do you *want* the English to call 'em? "Haag-WAHR"? It's *correct* and *original*, after all. Beats the hell out of the American Boor (TM) term, "JAG-wire", IMNSHO.

I suppose you'd be annoyed to discover that a 'B-M-W' is called "Bey Em Vey" where they build *them*.

-- C.R. Krieger (Been there; drives them)

Reply to
C.R. Krieger

I believe it's longer than that -- Ciudad de Nuestra Senora la Reina de los Angeles de Porciuncula (sp). Maybe even more, but I got tired of googling.

Reply to
The Real Bev

And bein' dat I'm from Chicagah, I tink all tree of youse guys is goofier than that guy over by dere.

DN

Reply to
DN

top posting ignorance corrected...

So what? And it is spelled canaduh.

Reply to
DTJ

New Oar-lins......New Oar-LEENS......New Oar-lee-ins

We all know what they're talking about.

Reply to
Cassie

Probablly is. Especially since we took out their butt-buddy Saddam Hussein. :)

-- Paul

Reply to
Paul

Funny, the name of the mountain shown on my license plates is pronounced ray-NEER.

=== Steve Shoreline, Washington USA snipped-for-privacy@seanet.com

5 Jan 2004, 2038 PST
Reply to
Stephen Dailey

Yeah, what were the writers thinking?!

Reply to
Slayah

Cretin.

For decades we unwashed here in the states have been calling them "Jag-wahrs." That's also what *they've* been calling them in marketing them to us. Until recently, that is, when their ad firm had to come up with a new gimmick.

The funny thing is, after the agency-produced commercial ends, the local voice will come on with the local dealer names and he will say "Jag-wahr." Kind of squashes the snoot factor.

John

Reply to
The Lindbergh Baby

Yeah. In this case, "N'Awlins".