Ford RPMs (a mind of its own)

We have a 1992 F150 with a 5.0 fuel inj. with 164000 miles on it. The problem is the rpms, it will rev up on its own to as much 2200 rpms, sometimes while at a stoplight, or going down the road, most of the time when shifting (4sp w/od),when it is doing this, there is a lack of power, other times it runs strong & is a pleasure to drive. Time or temp. makes no differance. It has a/c, ps, etc. It first started about two months ago, once in a while, and now it is very often. HELP!!!

Reply to
57Ford

Funny.. I have a Ford pickup as well. It's a 1974 F100, but the really odd thing is that I don't post to a Volvo group when I need help with it! ;-) __ __ Randy & \ \/ /alerie's \__/olvo '93 960 Estate

Reply to
Randy G.

Sorry if I posted wrong, I also have a problem with my volvo.

Reply to
57Ford