Cadillac info wanted, just getting started!

Greetings all, hope no one minds a "newbie" posting questions... I'm working on a 1968 Cadillac I recently obtained and I know precious little about Cadillacs (other than I've always liked them)! I know GM set them apart from most other brands and few parts swap. I've been browsing various websites, groups, chat rooms, etc. trying to soak it all up. What I really need is as comprehensive a list as possible letting me know which years share parts, options, etc. I've got a 472 with a cracked carb... so I'm looking for a carburetor. I've learned the 472 was around from '68 to '75 and a lot of parts interchange between it and the 500. I don't know if the carb's the same, of if say an Oldsmobile or Pontiac carb will bolt right up to the Caddy intake, stuff like that... If any of you fine folks could point me in the right direction, I'd very much appreciate it! Thanks, Rod Z. "...to find the truth, I've even lied."

Reply to
Abra Cadaver

Check these out

free to use.

Reply to
The Big 429

Thanks for the response! I think I've already bookmarked one of them... lots of good info. Thanks again! Rod Z. "...to find the truth, I've even lied."

Reply to
Abra Cadaver

Reply to
Mike Atkins