Can Anything Stop Toyota?

In news: snipped-for-privacy@posting.google.com, Neo being of bellicose mind posted:

Neo.... you MISSED the point of the article ... COMPLETELY!!! So, here it is again for your approval:

(PS: I retired from line haul trucking. I KNOW what obese people look like and how they get that way!! As for the 30% over-weights and width .... your claim is rediculous. LOL)

Reply to
Philip®

Yes you have, your "guesstimate" is 85. The "articles" you posted? You know the ones you said you found while doing a search on "means average speed"? You clearly said backed you up. "I can vouch for its accuracy!!" The second article you said had even more detail. If you did not mean anything about an average speed, why did you not say so? Why keep posting the reasons of these supposed high speed events? No my friend, you were rather instant on saying how fast people travel on Cajon Pass, you know that stretch of road you "transverse" about every week to 10 days? You know that stretch of highway that you said if people were only doing 130 kmph (80mph) would be impeding traffic?

Reply to
Thomas Moats

No YOU missed the point. You claim a full size adult is obese. "A "FULL sized" adult .... means .... an increasingly OBESE adult." Can we assume by this remark that a full size adult dog is obese? How about a full size adult fly? Your precious article said "about 1 in every 50 adults." The fact is the article never even mentioned the words full and size or adult in the same sentence. Nor did it even mention the term "full size". That is something you surmised and inserted into the meaning of the article.

Reply to
Thomas Moats

???

nuttin [h*mo] sexual about my comment....

how did you read it that way???

Scott in Florida

Reply to
Scott in Fla

I'll try this one....

What's the world's fastest land animal?

The Ethopian chicken.

-Dave (Now trying to outrun the chicken!)

Reply to
David L

But it's nonsense to state that one didn't notice the speed one was going at, as if one wasn't aware that that a car accelerates down hill... You're taking lame excuses to avoid admission of guilt as your rationale...

Reply to
Neo

You only looked at the headline and blame me for missing the point? Since when 2% of a population over 50% over weight indicates that the whole population is over weight? Only 20% is not fit and that's enough for you to say that the whole America is over weight? You're probably one of those who think that the government should something about it...

30% over weight is reflected more front to back than side ways...
Reply to
Neo

In news: snipped-for-privacy@corp.supernews.com, Thomas Moats being of bellicose mind posted:

I did NOT identify 85 mph with I-15. That was an example. But I can see how a casual reader could infer such. You did not read "I guess the average speed along that downhill section of interstate is 85 mph." This "average" speed concern is yours, not mine. The careful reader would have noticed that I would vouch for the increasing speeds (though I did not assign a figure) and observing increasing incidents of 100 mph+ traffic in the past few years. I vouch for the accuracy of the articles on those points.

Reply to
Philip®

In news: snipped-for-privacy@posting.google.com, Neo being of bellicose mind posted:

Neo... it happens. People in luxury cars, large SUVs ....traveling downhill in a crowd with the stereo ON or a wireless phone stuck to their head ... distractions of this kind. The Herd.

The person in the article admitting he/she (I don't recall) just got caught up in the flow could very well have been making an honest admission for the speed infraction.

BTW, for clarification, whatever the reason for stating a lapse in attention to speed, the driver made it.

Reply to
Philip®

In news: snipped-for-privacy@corp.supernews.com, Thomas Moats being of bellicose mind posted:

Stop right there. Full sized DOES mean and INCREASINGLY obese adult. Thats the researched fact in the article with regards to Americans.

Reply to
Philip®

In news: snipped-for-privacy@posting.google.com, Neo being of bellicose mind posted:

that's

You're reading into the article something that isn't implied. The article deals with the increasing rate and degree of obese Americans. Obese people are a portion of the population and their description is outlined in the article. With this increasing obesity come complaints of cars not having enough room ... which was the point of offering the article. Instead of larger cars and more/bigger SUVs.... how about going on a diet? That will resonate in the ears of those the matter touches most closely.

Reply to
Philip®

In news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com, Scott in Fla being of bellicose mind posted:

Ok.... :-) I caught you red handed. Hahhaha

Reply to
Philip®

Nice try. I dont buy it.

Reply to
Thomas Moats

"Philip®" wrote in a egotistical manner:

Full size means fully grown period. There is nothing in the article that says or implies or uses the expression "full size adult". Nor does it even come close to making the expression too mean a full size adult is obese. The "researched fact" only says more Americans are obese, and that there is an increase in morbidly obese, although the word "morbidly" is not used in the article, that is what "Extreme obesity" implies.

Reply to
Thomas Moats

"Philip®" wrote with a great deal of gall in message:

Nothing was mentioned about obese people, nor an implying remark of complaints that cars do not have enough room because of obesity. That is something you conjured up.

Reply to
Thomas Moats

Which hand?

My left is broken...requiring more use of the right...

Scott in Florida

Reply to
Scott in Fla

btw I freely admit to being gay...I'm a male lesbian

Scott in Florida

Reply to
Scott in Fla

snip

Uh, Thomas. You need to keep your adversaries straight here. I was the "cool and collected" poster.

But, since you brought it up, I had said it was a flooded road in which his vehicle stalled. I'm guessing you assumed it was a fast flowing current. It was not. The fellow was in no real danger unless, perhaps, he was a midget who knew not how to swim. But, what the hell do I know?

Reply to
getupand

Took that out of context. I did not say Philip wrote that, nor did I confuse between you or he. I did assume that he may have followed the posts.

I know it was a flooded road I believe you said that originally. You also tried to make the "event" more dramatic than it really was.

Reply to
Thomas Moats

The one fellow in the Barrera article cited for doing 101 MPH and claimed: "I didn't even notice, because the music was on, I was dialing numbers on my phone and was switching lanes," is attempting to nominate himself for a Darwinian award. Unfortunately, when he performs his self inclicted coup d'grace he will proably take innocents with him.

And, incidentally, I've been up and down the Grapevine countless times and never once was oblivious to my speed. In fact, going down, I'm even more conscious because of the line of semi's to the right geared down to

20 MPH.
Reply to
getupand