Car of the Year 2007

That would depend on which one would rather be inside of for several hours. LOL

mike

Reply to
Mike Hunter

While the final voting will be held next month, three cars seem to be heading the favorites for the 2007 Car of the Year.

- Saturn Aura - Honda FIT (Bet they wont call it that in the northern European countries ;>) - Toyota Camry

The Saturn is said to be a rebadged lower end version of the Pontiac G6. Shows that GM has made some headway, especially when the low cost of this entry is taken into consideration.

A commentator this morning raved about the FIT, and it may be a great little car, but it does not look to be the kind of thing that will make monster waves in the USA.

The Camry would appear to be the most likely winner, as one national automobile magazine has already voted it the top spot.

Reply to
<HLS

From what I have read, the Camry has already been chosen as car of the year. The Chevy Silverado was voted truck of the year. GM is on the rise. :)

Reply to
80 Knight

One magazine has chosen the Camry already, but I cant remember whether it is Motor Trend, Car and Driver, or exactly who. Could look it up, but lots of these magazines have their own axes to grind.

The interview I saw indicated that there a lot of different factors entering into the choices that are made, including styling, initial impressions, etc.

One of the editors made it clear that she had no interest whatsoever in fuel economy.

It became clear that reliability, a factor which interests some of us, may not be so important to people who change cars every 3-4 years.

From what I read, there is a broader award for Car of the Year, and the voting will be held in January.

Whether the Aura wins or not, GM has apparently impressed some of the people involved here.

Reply to
<HLS

You're right.

Steve Mackie

In the Norwegian language, and I suppose in the other two Scandinavian variants, 'fit' has a vulgar meaning, referring to a womans vagina. Probably not the best choice for a car.

Reply to
<HLS

Car and Driver, if memory serves.

Very true.

IMHO, buying a car is all about choice. Some want good mileage, others want

500 horsepower. Some want good mileage, with good horsepower. It's all about what you want, and what you are willing to pay for.

That is true as well. With a 120,000 KM warranty, a lot of new car buyers will trade in there car long before they get that high.

I read a page saying Car and Driver already choose there Car of the Year, but I can't find it at the moment. I am going to take a look at there site to see if I can find anything.

Hopefully so.

Reply to
80 Knight