Chevrolet Volt: The high-tech car that will save Michigan?

From what I understand the Volt cannot do a maximum speed over 65 mph unless it is using batteries. So once the batteries are toast, knock it down to 45 or 50.

Second farce with the Volt, and long term owners will find out is that the batteries should be viewed as consumables. In three years if they perform to 15% of their stated "new" capabilties you might be doing good.

Someone mentioned the other day the gas engine will not charge the batteries. Ooops. Taht makes it unsafe on the freeway.

Reply to
Canuck57

So in essence it is a upscale lawn mower engine.

LMAO.

Reply to
Canuck57

It is for GM.

We are back > Once again our friend Canuck is telling us the sky is falling LOL >

Reply to
Canuck57

Once again our friend Canuck57 is telling us the sky is falling LOL

Reply to
Mike Hunter

Once again our friend Canuck57 is telling us the sky is falling LOL

Reply to
Mike Hunter

Here is the blue print and idea the Volt is using

Bjorn

You are confused, hybrids have more than on source with which to motivate the vehicle. The Volt has only one source, the electric motors. Unlike previous electrically motivate vehicles it has an onboard generator to recharge its batteries.

Reply to
Mike Hunter