Chevy Cavalier 95 - fuel pump problems

Hi There,

I've been experiencing some problems with my chevrolet cavalier 95 since the end of 2005. The engine is stalling at idle speed and at higher rpm. Sometimes I can run the car for days before I have the problem again. Here's the list of things that I changed : ignition cables, gas filter, air filter, spark plugs. I had the the tank fill line repaired because it had a hole in it. When changing the gas filter, it was full of dirt (looked like mud). I decided to have a look at the fuel pump, listening to it to see if it stopped while the car was running. The strange thing that happens is that, just before the idling gets rough and the engine want to stall, the pump sounds like it's going faster. It goes fast, slows sown, then fast again, but it never stops turning. It sounds like there's no gas to pump but the tank is full.

Ever experienced that kind of problems ?

thanks for the help

Sam

Reply to
Century Sam

Nearly all of us have experienced those kind of problems. What is the fuel rail pressure just before stall?

Reply to
=?x-user-defined?Q?=AB?= Paul