Chevy Venture 2000 Intake Manifold Gasket : my turn

Hi all.

Like thousand other Venture owner, my low coolant light came on, I look around and no external coolant leaks but smell. I check the oil : oil cap & PCV are coated with white sludgy crap. Guess where the COOLANT went ... into the CRANKCASE via the lower intake manifold gasket. Only 55k miles and very very disapointed ... of GM.

Anyway, according of the both TSB :

-

I need to order parts for my mechanic :

- short bolt #11588915 qty : 4

- long bolt #11588914 qty : 4

- threadlocker #12345382 qty : 1

- Fuel system - Fuel induction - Intake - Manifold gasket 3.4L 1997 - 2002 #89017279 : qty : 1

Do you thing a part is missing ?

Thank you.

Reply to
Christophe Salvaing

You also need to replace an O-ring for the heater pipe. In my case I had to remove the EGR valve so you may need the gaskets.

Reply to
ega

You will need one or two valve cover gaskets (depending on what method the tech uses to remove the intake), I would also replace the heater bypass hose o-ring seal, and a heater pipe o-ring seal. If you just get the stuff from a dealer, they will automatically know what to give you....I'm sure they throw

4-5 of them across the counter every day...if not more.

Ian

Reply to
shiden_kai