Chevy Venture

Thank you in advance. My wife and I bought a 2000 Chevy Venture. My dad has a jayco pop-up trailer that we want to tow behind the Venture. How can I tell if the factory installed tow package is there. On chey's website it says the tow package does NOT come with a trailer hitch. I will have to have one of these installed. Our van does have the compressor in the back. Does this mean the tow package is installed. The way I understand it is the compressor is used to automatically raise the rear end.

Thanks again, Kent

Reply to
Kent

newsgroup

Look for an unused electrical plug underneath the van in the left rear corner (in the vicinity of the auto levelling air compressor) - the plug is part of the factory towing package, for hooking up a trailer light harness.

Reply to
Joe Shlabotnick

Typically the U-vans with a trailering option will have an engine oil cooler that is between the oil filter and engine block. Radiator coolant circulates thru the cooler. This link shows a pix: http://198.208.187.182/internet/PartImage.jsp?mfgname=ACDELCO&prodlinecd=4&acpartnbr=24504105I believe the RPO is KC4. Look on the glovebox lid interior for a labelwith a bunch of 3 alpha-numeric codes. See if KC4 is one of them.... orlook at the oil filter to see if small rubber coolant lines are going to it.Also the other poster's recommendation to have a dealer run a build sheet isgood. Trailering packages generally require an upgraded suspension too. Inany case if it has the engine oil cooler there's a near 100% chance it hasthe trailering package.

Reply to
DonW

Reply to
Fordman

If your truck has a small radiator (transmission cooler) then you shouls have the towing package. A towing package is simply tranny cooler and slightly diff gears.

Searcher1

Reply to
Searcher

D - Driver R - Returns O - On F - Foot

Enough said.

Reply to
LS

On Mon, 19 Apr 2004 03:47:31 GMT, "LS" wrote: The towing package will include a transmission cooler. Look in front of the radiator or ask your mechanic. The compressor is also a separate option for inflating things. Buster

Reply to
Buster