Coolant Light 97 Cavalier

I have a 97 Cavalier, I just had a new water pump put on because the coolant was leaking out. It has a full coolant tank now (Dex Cool) but the light inside my car is still on. Does anyone know how I can get it off? Thanks.

Reply to
SusieQ

"SusieQ" wrote: > I have a 97 Cavalier, I just had a new water pump put on > because the coolant was leaking out. It has a full coolant > tank now (Dex Cool) but the light inside my car is still on. > Does anyone know how I can get it off? Thanks.

Easy fix providing the tank is full.At the bottom of the tank is a sensor take a hammer,stick or anything and tap the side of the tank at the sensor and the light will go out.Just don?t hit it hard enough to crack the plastic tank.

Almost all these cars do this after the water has been drained from the tank.

Reply to
Shakes73

"Shakes73" wrote: > Easy fix providing the tank is full.At the bottom of the tank > is a sensor take a hammer,stick or anything and tap the side > of the tank at the sensor and the light will go out.Just don't > hit it hard enough to crack the plastic tank. > > Almost all these cars do this after the water has been drained > from the tank.

Shakes, I am an amateur here, can you tell me where to look for the sensor? I am standing in front of the hood, and the coolant tank is near my left. Is the sensor easy to see while looking at the tank? Can you kind of guide me as to where to find it? Thanks for help.

Reply to
SusieQ

Look down the back of the radiator on the passenger (left) side. You should see a couple wires attached to the radiator. That is it...

Reply to
Woody

No, that's not where it's located. It's in the coolant overflow tank.

Ian

Reply to
shiden_kai

If you can see the coolant tank, look at the bottom side of it towards the front of the vehicle. You will see where the sensor is. If not, just tap the coolant tank in that area and see if the light goes out.

Ian

Reply to
shiden_kai