cruise control problems

1990 chevy 1/2 PU, cruise works most of the time. But once in awhile it will not. I am used to the old cable system. Is there any areas that could have a bad contact. 200,000 miles on truck
Reply to
cabopeter

Had a brake pedal cruise control disconnect switch cause this on an earlier model 1/2 ton Chevy PU once. You might see if it's adjusted too close to activation and needs a little clearance. Hope this helps.

Garrett Fulton

Reply to
gfulton

Thank you I am thinking is something that simple as works most of the time, will see if I can lube that dump switch or adjust it

Reply to
cabopeter

Is what I would call the Dump switch for the C/C a rectangular switch under the dash that rests on the brake arm, or is that the brake switch?

Reply to
cabopeter

on mine it's the switch on the turn sig handle. spray some WD40 in it, wipe clean and work it on and off about 20 times.

Reply to
ShoeSalesman

I believe it's the rectangular one. The one I had trouble with, if I remember correctly, was rectangular and was a combination vacuum dump switch and electrical C/C disconnect. Had a vacuum line and two wires going to it. The electrical part was what was causing the trouble, not the vacuum valve.

Garrett Fulton

Reply to
gfulton