dash light problem

My 1998 GMC Jimmy did something really strange today. I was driving and all the warning lights on the dash came on. The seat belt, ABS, check gauges, brake, etc. They did not say on long. Then a mile or two down the road it did it again and came on and off a couple other times. Then the service engine light came on. I took it to Auto Zone and they checked the codes and said it showed electric failure on two things. It did when I was going there seem to not be shifting right. I thought maybe the alternator was giving a surge. I had just put a alternator on 3 months ago and the guy at AZ said take it off and bring it in he will give me a new one under warranty. I did this and had the battery tested. Started it up and same thing all the lights come on and off and now the tack, fuel, gauges go to zero.

Any idea what I should look for, or should I look for a Mr. Goodwrench sign.

Thanks Tim

Reply to
Tim or Linda