Global warming

Seems the Bush administration is being called to task on national news now for causing scientific reports on global warming to be edited to downplay the very serious effects that are now hard to deny.

Only a handful of scientists - some reputedly with agendas from their employers - hold out that global warming, as has been recorded in the past half century, is a natural event.

Let's not just lay it at the feet of Dubya, though. The deviation from normal warming profiles has been clear for the past thirty years or so.

I guess every administration has ducked this issue.

Even if uncontrovertibly true, I wonder if we Americans are ready to do whatever necessary to try to reverse the greenhouse effect?

I sadly suspect that we are not.

Maybe a dollar per gallon tax on fuel, to go the the Social Security shortfall or energy research, or a workable medical care plan that will allow industry to survive, would be a good start.

Reply to
<HLS