GM sells just 281 Chevy Volts in February, Nissan only moves 67 Leafs

GM sells just 281 Chevy Volts in February, Nissan only moves 67 Leafs

Jim_Higgins

Leafs

This may more have to do with the confidence and trust people have in GM than electrical cars as such.

Al major manufacturers are coming out with electrical cars and GMs electrical car is not an electrical car because it is a hybrid and how can that be a step in gaining peoples trust about GMs ability on making and selling electrical cars of beginning with not telling the truth and calling a hybrid an electrical car?

Not a good start and the sales figures proof that.

It is early days in this area but it is obvious that GM does not have much trust and why should that be a surprise?

Bjorn

Leafs

The production vol. for the first Qtr. is 300 per month, all the volts produced to date are sold. So whats you point.

Reply to
Tom

That he's a fool? Anybody who can tie their shoes knows that Volts are back-ordered for at least a year's worth of production. Bjorn and Higgins are Shemp and Larry. hls is Curly. Ciao!

Reply to
Vinnie

Bad mouthing me because I call a spade a spade?? If they were backordered, then why werent they delivered??

Reply to
hls

DUH what does backordered mean

Reply to
Tom

You know what it means as well as I do. Why werent they delivered?

Reply to
hls

Because they didnt exist yet!!!!!!!!!

Reply to
Tom

Apparently their manufacturing is not up to speed.. That is why these things dont exist.

Reply to
hls

seriously the planned production for the first qtr was 300 per month local paper had a article of one owner who picked on up last week it was the 883rd volt produced, he also stated he used no gas the first week and traveled 250 miles, turn down your hatred for a few days and see whats happening, you and your minions try to turn everthing about GM into a bad thing let it rest you will begin to see the sunny side someday

Reply to
Tom

I dont have any "minions", Tom.

I believe GM has screwed us faithful customers for decades, and I think it is still doing so.. The Volt is just a symbol of a company that, even after being saved by taxpayer money, is still basically a parasite.

Have you ordered a Volt yet?

Reply to
hls

No dont want one but did buy a 2011 chev cruze

Reply to
Tom

Fair enough, and I hope you get good performance and durability from it.

We are in a very difficult political situation regarding energy, taxes, and a lot of other things.

IMO, we have to be very careful how we dance to the music we are being played.

I have never seen such unrest at home, in the middle east, and in the entire world.

I have made a lot of mistakes but am certainly not stupid. The years that follow will certainly see a lot of major successes and a few major failures.

mvh hls

Reply to
hls

with the way our own home grown politicians are running things for the last 20 years I am glad in am on the far side of the hill would not look fwd to this country in the next 20 years at the current rate. The corruption in govt and catering to special interest groups and calling it that this is what the American people want it is scary

Reply to
Tom

The competition so far of sold vehicles

Volt: 281 February 321 January 326 December

Leaf: 61 February 87 January 19 December

Reply to
Bjorn

It is interesting to note that GM does not come with a brand name until fourth place last year.

And Ford is in third place.

It will take some time for the Volt to make it onto this list if it is still around.

Car Brand Sales 2010 Sales 2009 Difference

1 =96 Toyota 5,496,346 5,128,647 7.2% 2 =96 Volkswagen 4,407,062 3,972,839 10.9% 3 =96 Ford 4,320,792 3,901,315 10.8% 4 =96 Chevrolet 3,592,600 2,939,026 22.2% 5 =96 Honda 3,152,197 3,017,491 4.5% 6 =96 Nissan 3,088,298 2,621,882 17.8% 7 =96 Hyundai 2,931,325 2,608,220 12.4% 8 =96 Fiat 1,853,282 1,954,250 -5.3% 9 =96 Renault 1,668,615 1,481,045 12.7% 10 =96 Kia 1,593,602 1,297,555 22.8%
Reply to
Bjorn

And Ford is in third place.

******** Ford has either done an excellent job of improving quality, or it is pulling the wool over lots of people's eyes. GM is supposedly much better now too.. Hope it is real.
Reply to
hls

And note that Chevrolet increased 22%

The Volt will surely increase its sale by a lot of % this year compared to 2010.

Reply to
Bjorn

And note that Chevrolet increased 22%

The Volt will surely increase its sale by a lot of % this year compared to 2010.

********\ Mathematically, when you are starting with nothing, it isnt hard to increase your percentages enormously with just a few sales.
Reply to
hls

Is the Volt possibly not the brand name?

It is possibly included in the numbers for Chevrolet?

Bjorn