Rover 25 HRW wiring

Hi

My HRW isn't working. There is a connector on the RHside of the boot containing the BG and B which feed it. With the engine running, the HRW switched on and the indicator lamp lit, there is no 12 volts on the BG.

The diagram indicates this BG is fed from the engine compartment fuse box, connection C0572-2. The main problem is that I can't see a BG on the back of the fuse box ?

The HRW is apparently fed from Link 10 to the HRW relay. Is this the relay with a blower on it ? I have proved that Link 10 feeds this relay contact and switches the 12 volts OK.

But the connector information for C0572-2 says it is a LGP wire ! Obviously I'm clearly doing something wrong. Is the HRW relay tucked away somewhere else ?

Any pointers gratefully received. Andy C

Reply to
Andy Cap

the hrw fuse is no. 23 (fifth one down on the left hand column) the relay is the round one to the right of the fuse/relay board

Reply to
Mrcheerful

Thanks a lot for that. I'll have another look in the morning. Once I get the electrics sorted, it seems there's a problem with the screen possibly fouling the tail-gate. It's been replaced already, but not I think by the official recall method. The problem is the two bottom corners and I'm hoping I can squeeze some thin plastic sheet in the gap. Cheers Mr Cheerful

Reply to
Andy Cap

Well I've had a look and there's clearly some discrepancy in fuse arrangements.

My fuse box is a triangular shape and contains :-

1 huge 150A link 5 40A link positions ( 3 fitted ) 10 spade type fuses 6 small rectangular links.

There are 5 relays + 2 more posns not fitted

1 Fuel 2 Starter motor 3 Cooling fan 4 Main relay 5 Blower

There is no symbol on the lid, indicating a HRW.

I can't see any other relays in the vacinity and there is definitely no BG wire on the base of the fuse mounting, so I can only assume the relay has been squeezed in somewhere else. :-(

Thanks.

Reply to
Andy Cap

Well I've had a look and there's clearly some discrepancy in fuse arrangements.

My fuse box is a triangular shape and contains :-

1 huge 150A link 5 40A link positions ( 3 fitted ) 10 spade type fuses 6 small rectangular links.

There are 5 relays + 2 more posns not fitted

1 Fuel 2 Starter motor 3 Cooling fan 4 Main relay 5 Blower

There is no symbol on the lid, indicating a HRW.

I can't see any other relays in the vacinity and there is definitely no BG wire on the base of the fuse mounting, so I can only assume the relay has been squeezed in somewhere else. :-(

Thanks.

Reply to
Andy Cap

You're looking in the wrong fusebox. The one you're looking at is the engine systems one. There's another one which covers everything else.

Reply to
Conor

You're looking in the wrong fusebox.

Reply to
Conor

Well the RAVE electrical diagram show the HRW relay in the "FUSE BOX-ENGINE COMPARTMENT (P108) but I'll have a look in the passenger compartment one. P101 Unless of course, you're suggesting there are two in the engine bay ?

Reply to
Andy Cap

Well Mr Cheerful and Conor you were both right and the RAVE disc is wrong. Fuse 23 is actually marked ABS on RAVE, so I'm still a bit confused as the car has ABS.

Both the fuse and 25A spare are blown, so I'll get some spares and see where I go from there. Thanks again.

Reply to
Andy Cap

Have you checked for broken wires inside the rubber gater at the right hand tailgate hinge? This is a very common problem and a bitch to fix.

Reply to
Fugger

Thanks for the suggestion. It was a longish story in the end. Yes the earth wire was broken on the right hand side of the tailgate but it still didn't work and anyway I wasn't happy with the crimp.

Also the screen has blown out at some point - glass chips everywhere - and the fuse had never been replaced. The glass on a 25 often sits too close to the metal work - because they did away with the rubber surround - which is why the screen blows out, so I got a windscreen place to bend it all away.

I then re-ran the earth from the RH side of the boot, all the way into the tailgate, which did away with the crimp and now I'm happy with it.

Reply to
Andy Cap