Help: 1988 5.7L fuel pump relay

Hi,

My Suburban has become hard to start. It has to crank for awhile and then it starts and runs fine. I checked the fuel pump relay and found that the coil is energized for a few seconds when the key is put into run. However, when I checked for voltage at the relay contacts, there was none. The wires run through a short section of plastic shield and then enter the engine harness. I do not know where they go.

Is this circuit fused? (or fusible link) If so, where? Where does the power feed come from? Any places to look for a broken connection?

Thanks

Reply to
random electron