Help - I need brake and steering parts

Help - tomorrow may be a Emotional day buying brake and steering parts at "cheap auto parts world"

Trying to enroll in the contest "so cheap you squeak" is to say the least difficult. I have to go cheap auto parts hunting tomorrow.

While I do value my life while safely driving a motor vehicle, there are two posters that assure why pay too much for exact fit GM, GM Goodwrench, or ACDelco parts when the same perceived quality exists in lesser expensive parts. So maybe more people need to drive up and down the two unnamed expert's streets of residence while their children are playing with vehicle parts installed based upon their suggestions. Thus risking "failure to control" a moving violation ticket.

I need the price and availability on the following for a 1997 Astro RWD:

1 each right idler arm 1 each left idler arm 1 each front disk brake rotor 1 each axle set front disk pads

As many posters as possible are cordially invited to render their help. I may be posing a difficult task for two perfect experts with pocket protectors and bow ties many people must rely upon. Only they know their own identities.

They may be called many things! Beware they don't care to know the meaning of "Caveat Emptor".

The Arizona brand expert comments are: What are you, a politician?; I asked a simple question.; Now I have no idea what you are trying to say.; totally ambiguous; What? What? What?; Duh. What did you ask?; What?

According to the other - anonymous IP address uncornfused person's expert quoted answers are: "learn to read writing styles....; don't confuse yourself; more food for the trolls; you need to find those answers for yourself...(i'm surprise you don't know them already)".

Among his unadulterated incomplete sentence quoted comments: "as for me, i've gained alot of knowledge working 3 years as a dealership mechanic (crappy pay on warranty work). "but that was over 10 years ago. i wasn't a master mechanic, ASE's on electrical/brakes/steering&Suspension/AC.." "it was more lucrative working at a brake & muffler shop..."

I need to make a informed buying decision advice for cheap auto parts. There are a few posters better than I that have inside scoop of where to get the following cheap brands: OE, OEM (Only Every Monday), Original Equipment Manufacturer,

I have made a simple request that I expect intelligent answers. This should be a cinch for especially two unnamed posters.

Reply to
Ken Heslin

[...]

-html stripped-

troll food.... there's this book we have in central ohio called the yellow pages

Reply to
127.0.0.1

Hey the shoe fits - wear it! Since I did make a simple request that I expect intelligent answers. I was expecting a intelligent answer from you Mr. anonymous IP address than just "this book we have in central ohio called the yellow pages". Due to the expensive cost yellow pages really limits the verbiage a business can have in a add.

I expect your reply to contain word of moth advertising. My goal is to shop where you shop so I two can sacrifice quality and get the cheapest price! This should be a cinch for you!

For example, "this great buddy of mine is on a ego trip drives a rice rocket or a SUV that pretends to know something, go here or go there and get such a deal"!

Or another example, "instead of going parts hunting save time and come to my shop, and since I can rip you off due to my need to learn how to be a better parts changer by installing at your expense, I've have a upright organ to insert when you pay the bill for parts and labor".

Will you then give out your home address so I can test drive down your street? Not.

Reply to
Ken Heslin

Please Mr. "127.0.0.1" tell the world whether or not NASA at Cape Canaveral Florida has accepted you for a rocket scientist position? If so when will you start work. To bad your present employer will lose such a great parts changer!

Reply to
Ken Heslin

Whoa man, calm down. And sometimes parts that are cheaper then OEM still meet OEM specs, even exceed it. If you asked for help and didn't get any you may want to visit your local library, they sometimes have Helms or Chilton manuals...at least ours does. Overall I've found that the 2 people you are complaining about are good with their advice and knowledge.

Reply to
Phillip Schmid

"Ken Heslin" wrote

Hey Ken, I think the only real problem that Geoff had with your posts is that your grammer sucks and it's hard to understand what you are saying. I would agree with him.

Ian

Reply to
shiden_kai

This vehicle is noted for eating up front end steering components. I believe it is MOOG that provides a good long term solution, along with other manufacturers that offer lifetime guarantees, but wear out just the same so you have free parts, but the headaches of reinstalling. Lots of info at

including brake options. BTW all businesses are listed for free in the yellow pages, but you can choose to pay to upgrade your ad.

Reply to
Rick De Visser

Mr. "Phillip Schmid" Message-ID:

Like saying you saw a UFO when it may have been a meteorite or weather balloon may be similiar but a radically different example.

You Germans do things a lot different with much less markets to sell domestic manufactured goods. You have my permission to do a doctoral thesis about diversity of marketing of domestic US manufactured goods in the continental US through many different channels of distribution. I am a victim of unjust criticism pertaining to doubting their price argument when compared to quality.

Do you really think I would pay attention to you and your "news.uni-berlin.de" advice? Since you are not in the US, how do you expect someone to believe your advice as valid? Furthermore, I do have the option of being a "doubting Thomas" your integrity like they have mine.

After your thesis is completed, you may be lucky enough to understand my posts. Few are these: "you get what you pay for" "you are so cheap you squeak" and My inferences about even though products having the same brand but may have differing quality due to statistical sampling techniques determines the ultimate channel of distribution based upon negotiated agreements.

Also, just because a product has OE, OEM, or Original Equipment Manufacture on the box along with the country of manufacture that does not mean that specific product is the exact same sold through a parts network to the vehicle manufacture as OE, OEM, or Original Equipment Manufacture. I had to know certain details and provide proof provided by my supplier chief engineer due to my bidding on differing volume supply contracts both public and private in nature. I also had to provide my personal signed guarantee in case my company defaulted.

In the US products are manufactured, shipped, delivered, inventoried, and sold every day with out a thought by most consumers of the Latin phrase "Caveat Emptor". This means in English "Let the buyer beware". Have you ever heard of someone telling you to be beware by stating about a Caveat? "Let the buyer beware" is fundamental to many civil tort legal cases and the resultant settlements. Also, it is agreed to for all 50 states and inferred in most of the text of the Uniform Commercial Code

Reply to
Ken Heslin

Dear Mr Ian or Mr "shiden_kai" or what ever your real name.

Only if you are a naturalized US citizen. So will you meet the challenge? I am convinced with a name like "shiden_kai" you know a lot about parts for American made vehicles.

How log did you take to read my post? Since you are simple minded, thank you for a unintelligent observation.

If you thought of free biscuits you'll state anything. So throw the dog a milk bone dog biscuit.

To bad. I thought you were convincable.

Reply to
Ken Heslin

Manufacture

WTF ?! The news server is in Germany, I'm in Wisconsin (more specifically Milwaukee). And I'm very fluent in English as I was raised here all my life. I also know very well how goods are distributed here. And I don't need anybodys permission to do stuff, especially not yours. BTW...check the headers...this is posted on RR...check it smart ass.

Reply to
Phillip Schmid

Thank you Rick for your assistance.

Reply to
Ken Heslin

Well excuse me Mr. BMW (Blue Malibu Wagon.

Apparently you may need anger management classes. I have special needs and you can't help at all in my difficulties.

Besides I never specifically asked for your peanut gallery comments.

Oh are you lost? This is alt.autos.gm newsgroup.

With your vast knowledge apparently life is difficult for your ability to render any advice! I am sorry you must think you need a medal for your personal hardship.

Are you another foreign national American taxpayers had to foot the bill for your stay in our great land?

I almost went to work for Johnson Controls in Milwaukee 30 plus years ago.

I never accused you of not being fluent in English. Seig Heil

Check this: Will you take a aeronautical leap at a traverse piece of pastry?

You never stated whether you know about life in the trenches.

You are something else with your choice of vernacular. Could you teach the world Dr BMW all about your special skills?

Reply to
Ken Heslin

Firstly, I drive a Pontiac, which you should know is owned by GM. Secondly, when people make accusations about me that they can not back up I do get peeved. And while you may not have said anything about my lingual skills you made an implication. And apparently you can't keep track of what you're writing so how the hell do you expect others to ? I go from Mr. BMW to Dr. BMW. God, you're nothing but a bigoted asshole. I can see why you got the responses you did. And I wouldn't know anything about life in the trenches as I'm only 18 and there has been no major war in my lifetime so far.

Why would they have to ? I was born here. Just because I have a German last name you assume I was born in Germany ? Look at the history of Milwaukee, when it was first founded it was mostly German people that immigrated here.

That looks like words strewn about the place in no particular order.

And what hardship might that be ?

P.S. I'm glad you didn't get that job. At least they know ignorance when they see it. And you have proven yourself ignorant.

Reply to
Phillip Schmid

The results of my cry for help are within this post.

Unfortuneately, only one I will mention below came close to meeting the challenge.

I hoped at least one lived nearby and would lead a up-and-coming senior citizen by the hand. After all within this cry for help was a hidden survey, I noticed most of the posters obnoxiously loved to discuss their exploits and how great are their miniscule accomplishments.

One example: Maybe help by valid suggestions of why a new car dealer service department would be best. I was seeking a valid comparison of why they may be a better source for service than for example muffler and brake shop staffed with wild men that burn both ends of the candle in a drunken stupor. Muffler and brake shops seem to be magnets for malcontent parts changers. I have had that experience numerous times at various auto repair shop.

Second example: A recommendation of a local and reputable service garage with the owner's name. Out of all of the responses, only one poster that was very polite and rendered a long distance suggestion - go to the reference section in a public library. To him I issue in gratitude a thank you.

The others must have some serious issues with life. Most apparently think expletive expressions (cuss words for the unintelligent ones that lack word power needing the course "Verbal Advantage") must be a way of proving their maturity to the world.

A few of the others know whom. One is ASE certified, I guess. That person could only help a unsuspecting consumer out of hard earned money.

Most of the others must think I am easily intimidated by their childish comments.

One brand expert previous comments are: What are you, a politician?; I asked a simple question.; Now I have no idea what you are trying to say.; totally ambiguous; What? What? What?; Duh. What did you ask?; What?

A anonymous IP address poster quoted previous answers are: "learn to read writing styles....; don't confuse yourself; more food for the trolls; you need to find those answers for yourself...(i'm surprise you don't know them already)". I guessed he is suggesting I need to become a mind reader.

Another poster has two alias names (one being Asian and the other Ian) in his post was critical of my aledged bad english. His post being from mountain time zone thrills me that he is able to make such an observation. Are Geeks the only one that post replies that wastes a readers time?

Another poster 18 years old by his admission with a German surname owns a Pontaic that claims to live in Milwaukee WI with a message suspicially originating from berlin.de was argumentive and mentioned non relevant & boring genealogy and history of his "hometown". He really did'nt convince me of his intelligence.

I wish the best to all respondents and thank some for attempted intimidation.

Especially to the obnoxious ones needing to clean up their act and language. I'll suggest "Verbal Advantage".

Reply to
Ken Heslin

Pontaic that claims to live in Milwaukee WI with a message suspicially originating >from berlin.de was argumentive and mentioned non relevant & boring genealogy and history of his "hometown". He really did'nt convince me of his intelligence.

rendered a long distance suggestion - go to the reference section in a

Don't worry, you "did'nt" convince me of your intelligence either. If you'd check you'd see that it was I that said that sometimes librarys have service manuals. As for my "hometown" and the history behind it I was saying that since my surname is German does not necessarily mean I'm in Germany. I'm not sure where anything came up about genealogy. But, C'est la Vie.

*plonk*
Reply to
Phillip Schmid

"Ken Heslin" wrote

his post was critical of my >aledged bad english.

Your "alleged" bad english? Nice post, Ken...but you still need a lot of work on your grammer. Perhaps english is not your first language....so it's ok. My real name is Ian, and the other is simply a nick that I use here, and when I play UT. But good work figuring out that it's Asian. It happens to be the name of a Japanese fighter aircraft that came out late in the war.

such an observation.

See, this is a good example.....what do the above two sentences 'mean'? People that live the mountain time zone are imbeciles? I suppose it's possible...but I'm pretty sure that I don't qualify as an imbecile...(at least not yet). And for the most part, I do try to post items that are not a waste of the readers time, but every now and then I get sucked in by weirdo's like you. But, then again, you do make for good entertainment.

Ian

Reply to
shiden_kai

My dear wise old French teacher in high school always used to say "Empty vessels make the loudest noise!". Every time I "hear" (see) posts from the Kens of this world, her words ring loudly in my ears. Gary

Reply to
dogdayyesterday

WOW, this guy's neck is so red it must be bleeding........

specifically

Reply to
Just visiting this planet

lol Who, Ken or me?