Vadis ID's, passwords and time resettings

Hi, I have a chance to buy a Vadis DVD which has Volvo service information on it for my cars. The seller does not know what it means to need an ID or password, or how to set an .INI file so that the disk will not act as if it has expired. Can anyone help me with this. Are the ID's and passwords individual to each disk, to each owner, universal or what? Thanks, Brad

Reply to
Mystical

I think it may depend on the specific version which you have. The one which I have responds to a UserID of sysadm and a password of nqz5- (just as written, including the dash) - so you could try that for starters.

You need to edit a file called cdinfo.ini which is probably in the C:\Info\vvindex\ini folder - by changing "Warning Days0" and "Expiration Days!0" to much higher values - e.g. setting them to 4000 will last you more than 10 years.

HTH.

Reply to
Bonnet Lock

I got this from

NQZ5-XC3E-P8HD-A2SU

I don't know anything about it, but it might be what you need.

Have the seller try it before you make the purchase.

Reply to
scram

any chance you can burn me a copy? Paid of course.

I've got the CD-set for windows 98 ánd NT4, but my setup-disks aren't being accepted anymore by my cd-rom-players.

Anyone else who can get me a setup cd? Install CD and data disks still work perfect.

"scram" schreef in bericht news:OIUnc.104024$Jy3.54222@fed1read03...

Reply to
El Mecky