HELP ME!! My cavalier is drivin me nuts.

I Have a 93 cavalier 2.2L automatic W/ac it has 172000 miles. I got the car from a friend not running I found the catalytic convertor pluged shut so I fixed it. I then gave it a complete tune up including plugs, air filter, oil, oil filter, and fuel filter. The car runs and drives like a dream You'd never know it has that many miles by the way the car runs and goes down the road. I am having one little mind boggling problem thats driving me nuts. The motor shuts off once in a while It seems to happen about a few miles of driving it and sometimes if I leave it run idle it will shut off after about ten or fifeteen minutes. But it always starts right back up again and then not do it again for a while, sometimes even days. It will jerk a little and then die I can pull off to the side of the road turn off the key and restart it, it starts right up and will go again fine with no problems untill it does it again. I accesed the computer codes and got a 12 of course and a 66 which is a/c pressure sensor failure. that makes sence to me cuz the a/c is not charged. I'm lost please can some one help me before my cavalier drives me to the nut house.

Reply to
davieboy

I have a 91 cavalier and it had a similar problem a few years ago. It would stall for no aparent reason. The problem with the jerking occurs after a bit of driving and it gets rough and jerks then dies? My problem was the TCC. One way to check is to find the control wires going to the transmission and disconnect the coupliing. Take it for a spinn and try to recreate the problem. If the problem goes away you will need to have the TCC repaired. It will eventually damge the transmission.

Reply to
BigDog8383