help on 1997 buick lesabre

1997 buick lesabre custom 3.8L 3800 II 94,500 miles. ok please bare with me for i have a few questions about this car.. i just got this car in june it had 90,000 mi. and here is a few problems that happens
  1. one day i went to go start the car and it wouldnt start. took off the batt cables and poured pepsi. and put them back on. no fix. we jumped it with a second car and wouldnt start. we took the batt from the other car we dont use no more put it in and it fired right up. took the batt from lesab put it in second car and it fired the second car up... clueless?. well after awhile going places near home say 20 miles. the cars radio,headlights everything blinked a few secs then shut right off on the highway at night to boot ahh. no lights no power steering it was a pain. well i tightened both batt cables which werent really lose neg was tight and pos was a little loose. well that night i put the orig car batt back in the car and it worked, but tonight i went got gas and it did it again. popped hood and moved pos wire it started.
  2. while going anywhere the car rides and drives good, but sometimes the trans will how can i say hesitate like its going in a higher gear which doesnt sound normal.
  3. when i got this car power windows will go down by drivers control. but will not go down with the passengers or back passengers contol? the switch is unlocked on driver control area.
  4. i read on sites something about lesabre's transmission valve body feels about a misfire. what does this mean?
  5. can it be not starting because of a cylinder lock? any tips will help Thank you
Reply to
MichaelPa2004
  1. i read on sites something about lesabre's transmission valve body feels

------------------- Had this exact same problem with my LeSabre....went to dealers and independents, spent lots of $$$$ on fixes that these same said would take care of it.....none did. Never found a fix. Got rid of it finally. Would have been better off if I had traded in the first place. Yes....it felt like a misfire, but it isn't. It is in the tranny.

Zork

Reply to
Zork

MichaelPa2004 wrote in alt.autos.gm

Side terminal batteries = PITA. You need to make sure the cables are tight, no movement at all. If you can't get them tight, buy new bolts for them. They only cost a couple of dollars each. Also make sure the cables are clean and free of corrosion. Get a brush from the auto parts store while you are buying the new bolts.

The switches may not be getting power, probably a broken wire at the door hinge, probably on the drivers door. Look in the rubber boot at the door hinge area.

It sounds to me like all the non starting problems stem right from the poor connection at the battery.

Reply to
Dick C