Historic Day in the Life of the Ol' Bonneville

Thursday, December 10, 2009 will go down as the first day ever that the Old 91 Bonneville didn't start. It was 4 degrees out. Wednesday I used the car all day - all week actually.

The Sears Rangehandler 1000 CA battery will be 8 years old January 8,

2010.

harryface

91 Bonneville 320,810 05 Park Avenue 92,876
Reply to
Harry Face

Damned good record and a long time from a battery. Maybe if you bring the battery into the warm house every night you can stretch it out until its birthday.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

That is amazing! It got down to 55 the other night and the

4 year old battery in the Kia went dead. It is one of those stupid sealed batteries. I may use the dremel to cut the top off, check the water and then seal back up. OTH, 4 years is pushing it here. Most of my batteries only lasted 3 years.
Reply to
Paul

Why is that, heat where you are?

I've not gotten less than 5 years from a Delco battery in the past 20 years or so. I replaced my Buick Series 100 battery after 7 years but it was still working. I figured it was an 84 month battery and cold weather was coming.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

No wonder GM (or is it OM) stopped making Pontiacs!!!!!!!!!!!!!

May your next battery get you 10 years service!

Reply to
jr92

Yea. Houston, Texas I bet from June to October the operating battery temp in my cars was/is at least 150 degrees. Too hot to touch after spending an hour in rush hour traffic.

Reply to
Paul

Friday it warmed up to 29 degrees and the car started right up.

The Sears Rangehandler is a 100 month battery.

harryface

91 Bonneville 320,810 05 Park Avenue 93,589
Reply to
Harry Face