Dents in the roof

The grandkids jumped on the hood and roof of my 1948 Studebaker. I popped out the dents with my hand (ouch). What is the best method to "iron-out" the creases ?

Reply to
Tom

Use the grandkids butts to beat them back out....

Creases are not fun. To remove them completely your looking at a slapper paddle, dolly work and repaint.

Reply to
Steve W.

ROTFLMAO! The perfect tool, and the perfect application

Reply to
<HLS

I think it's time for some grandkids to learn some basic bodywork skills... but seriously I don't know the answer to your question but if I were doing it myself I'd probably just use a hammer and dolly. Shrinking out creases from old dents is difficult, anyway, and I think you're probably looking at a repaint.

nate

(kind of partial to Studebakers...)

Reply to
N8N

I'd put a crease in the grandkids pants!

harryface

Reply to
Harry Face

Hey Harry, you got any grands? I'm afraid I don't look at mine quite as I did my children. Maybe I should, tho', to try & avoid the spoilin'.:) s

Reply to
sdlomi2

Try Painless(?) dent removal. They're pretty good.

Reply to
Steve Walker

no kids, no grankids, no old lady, no pets, just two cars.

harryface

05 Park Avenue 91 Bonneville
Reply to
Harry Face

...and who claimed that Utopia was merely an imagined state? :) s

Reply to
sdlomi2

a simple rubber mallet would get the creases out but to be safe use a 2x4 cut out with it so it is not to chip the paint good luck...

Reply to
dunndunn