how to fix a broken window winder

My daughter broken the window winder when she put in new front speakers and needs to know how to fix it. and how the get it the winder off at the scarp yard

Reply to
aann458110

What do you mean by 'winder'? What car?

If she just messed up some wires to the power window switch or motor, that could be a simple fix.

I have never replaced a power unit before but it has been described here. I believe some of them are rivited in, and have to be drilled out and replaced with screws. Seems that some of them can hurt you if you don't know what you are doing, but I don't remember the details.

The car doesn't have mechanical windows, does it?

Reply to
<HLS