Is " sock filter " on in-tank fuel pickup replaceable ?

Hello Folks.

1979 Chev van , 20 series 3/4 ton

Is " sock filter ' on end of fuel pickup tube in gas tank replaceable, without having to buy new sender unit ?

The old one is on tube tight - I'm reluctant to get too forceful in trying to remove it unless I know for sure it comes off tube - since I will put original sending unit back in if necessary. The existing sock filter has slight degradation where it touched bottom of tank.

Please reply to NG.

Thanks,

-JS

Reply to
Question Authority

-GV

Reply to
GlassVial

Question Authority wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

back in them days they were replacable and advised to do so with any pump replacemnt..........just pry it off

Reply to
Kjun