Lawsuits against GM or Chrysler null and void.

Well it looks like anyone involved in class action or personal injury lawsuits are out of luck if they are going after GM or Chrysler. Was just talking to a lawyer friend who informed me that those lawsuits are null and void as a result of the chapter 11 proceedings.

I wonder what that does to good will repairs for items such as the GM intake gaskets or Chrysler transmissions?

Reply to
Steve W.

Good will repairs were alway voluntary, I guess. I would suspect they are gone as the unicorns.

Reply to
HLS

It means you are stuck with the bill. Dealers are not going to work for free any more than you or I would. Even with the government so called backing, it is questionable. Want to wait 10 months to get it fixed while the government moves on it? And probably they will do just enough to get you over the warranty period.

The whole idea of bankruptcy is to stiff the people and companies you have obligations to. And GM stiffed a lot of people. They play the victim, but they are in fact the perp. Plenty of people are losing jobs and losing raises because GM didn't pay the bills they too need so they can eat.

Part of the reason for my knowing GM had to go bankrupt is a pile of lawsuits were in the works. Some with judgements already made while GM lawyers we just stalling.

In short, your screwed. The moral is timeless, never trust anyone who does not pay their bills on time.

Reply to
Canuck57

Our friend Canuck has it wrong, again! GM negated the class action law suit over intake gaskets years ago, when they extended the warranty to cover the lack of asbestos in gaskets brought on by the government., dummy. Just like Toyota negated its class action law suit over their engine sludge problem, by extending the warranty.

Reply to
Mike

Canuck puts GM down at every opportunity. He's not overly concerned with the truth.

Reply to
Dave

If he would only say, 'in my opinion,' one would not need to try to correct him. He certainly is entitled to an opinion, no mater how convoluted it may be, and most of his statements defiantly are convoluted LOL

Reply to
Mike

You actually believe GM??????????????????

Reply to
Jim Higgins

Can you read? Did I say something about believing GM?

Reply to
Dave

Can't you even keep your stories straight? First, you spend months upon months demanding GM file for bankruptcy, now that they have, you bitch even more. Decide what the hell you want, and stick with it. Not that it matters much, the government is going to do what they wish. Oh, it's been a few weeks, so I must ask, has GM been in your kitchen or wallet lately? LOL

Reply to
Nathan

Not at all. GM now has a stigma attached to its name. GM should have been liquified and sold off to pay the bills without the taxpayer.

The real crime is how come GM was allowed to operate so long in bankruptcy? No one is asking that.

The answer is simple, so corrupted DC policians can funnel $65B (so far) into GM for buddies to get out. You don't think it goes to wages? That is

10 years of wages burned in 20 weeks. Nope, GM is about corruption. Needs to die.
Reply to
Canuck57

When honorable people make mistakes, they own up to it and correct the issues.

Honorable people don't expect non-union 8-15/hr people to sacrific services and more taxes so some wanker can make $80/hr and treat money like water.

Bankruptcy and disolution is meant to be the consequences of greed, incompetance and corruption. To prevent the bad attitudes and corruption from propagating.

See GM and companies like it are like H1N1, a diseased company. The more you pander to it, the more it sucks the life out of you.

And societies antibody have yet to kick in. But in time they will. Until then the non-union people making much less and paying a lot more for this than they should are the only thing between types like you and starvation.

Reply to
Canuck57

Maybe if they are selling us autos, they will be less inclinded to blow up their customers as the wealth goes to the productive.

And you think like WW II and MacArthur they are going to run around in Chrysler jeeps and GM hummers? Did you know many jeeps were made in Japan during the Korean confict?

And what makes you think a real war, I mean WW II is going to be fought this way? Even if it was I am sure Ford, Toyota, Nissan and Honda can do the job.

WW II is about biology and nukes.

The morals issue is once not one CAW/UAW/GM bailout supporter has ever answered.

Why should people, often making much less that are non-union, maybe even no pension do without government services and/or pay more taxes to prop up a failure like GM?

A wise person once said, you know America is in trouble when it is socially acceptable to reward those that are corrupt with the spoils from those that produce.

You are right. I hate the greed, the corruption, the bullshit twisting of reality. The self serving hype any hysteria to justify it. The hypocracy. Loss of repect for others rights to fiscal liberty...

It gives a much better understanding of Germany in 1938... on how the ends justfy the means. I say sick.

Reply to
Canuck57

You are so completely utterly hopeless. You dodge most questions, and use the rest to go back to "GM sucks". Well, I tried for another week to get a decent response from you, but all I got was the same bullshit you have been spreading since you came into the group. Whine all you want, GM already has the $50 billion in loans, and your newsgroup bullshit isn't going to change it. Have a good day, and watch out for those execs sneaking into your house and taking your macaroni and cheese diner LOL Enjoy the Killfile...It's a dark, empty place...Just like what's between your ears.

Reply to
Nathan

Actually $65B, they got $15B more the other day to tide them over for a few weeks. Guess they didn't have enough corruption spending or some more people to buyout/payoff or they would squeal foul. You know, Obama buddies.

Put me in your kill file, please! I post here for intelligent people who think this is corruption and no good like it is. No Liberal pandering bull, just stright as it is. They don't need little selfish crooked people like yourself trying the old brainwash with bullshit trick. People should know most are against this.

Reply to
Canuck57

Because we both believe that robbing Peter to pay Paul is corrupt. The gov'ts in both countries are gradually changing our capitalist economic system to fascism. That should scare the bejesus out of everyone but you seem to love for some unknown ungodly reason.

Reply to
labatyd

Yes it should scare them. Because not everyone is going to be the ones with the government horse shoe. It will work like a beehive. Lots of disardable drone workers.

Some day people will wakeup and discover they are in a Matrix, government owns their asses like sheep. And that all the media is really telling us what the government wants us to hear which often isn't the truth.

GMers can justify robbing Peter to pay Paul, but that makes them scum bags. Being robbed by one set of crooks does not justfy robbing from other honest people. I really doubt Obama is a Christian, for he does not seem to have much respect for other honest peoples.

Reply to
Canuck57