"LifeTtime" brake pads

Does anyone know if "Life-time" brake pads are a good idea for GM vehicles? Will it affect ABS braking? Does GM make them or are they an aftermarket product?

Reply to
Nino NoSpam

the lifetime brakes are warrantied as such.

if the box that is left outside in all the elements is 100% perfect condition when the brake pads wear out, they will exchange the box for free.

pads are supposed to wear. they should last 40,000 to 100,000 miles depending on driving habits.

Reply to
I'm Right

@#@ No such animal. They would destroy wheel rotors prematurely. Not an good idea.

Rey

Reply to
Reynaud

I used to buy the lifetime pads, they were kind of helpful when I owned a dodgelemon which needed new pads yearly. But the downside is they wear the rotors more so you end up replacing the rotors. Now I buy good quality (Raybestos) pads and get better stopping power and don't have to replace the rotors (and traded the dodgelemon for the Chevy so I don't have to replace dozens of other parts all the time too)

Reply to
Eugene Nine

There most certainly is such a thing as lifetime pads. They take forever to wear.

That's right. But the pads still haven't worn, have they? Braking is done by friction. Friction causes wear. If the pads won't, the rotors will.

Agreed. A $10 pair of pads is much cheaper (and easier to replace) than $200 for a pair of new rotors.

Reply to
Mark