Lumina Service Engine Soon

Friends,

My GF has a 1998 Lumina, 3.1, 115,000 miles. The other day the Check Engine Light came on and showed a two codes but both were P0440 (Evap Emission Malfunction). I was able to have a smoke test done and it seemed to be coming from the selonoid on the charchol cannister. I replaced the selonoid and cleared the codes. It was okay for four days then it reappeared immediately after I bought gas.

The fuel filler tube actually looks like it is "weeping" gas. Could this leak be causing the P0440 code?

Thanks, Steve

Reply to
scorpioex1

Did the person doing the smoke test actually command the vent valve closed -during the test-? It's a normally open valve and will leak smoke unless electrically closed.

Reply to
aarcuda69062

No he didn't. It never dawned on me.

Steve

Reply to
scorpioex1

The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World! >100,000 Newsgroups---= - Total Privacy via Encryption =---

Reply to
Shep