New GM vehicles

For those in the know, what are the GMT966, GMT967 and GMT968. I know the

966 is some sort of Saturn SUV/Truck, but are there more details out there?

Steve

Reply to
Steve Mackie

Might be the new Pontiac SV6 / Buick Terraza. I think its the same as a new saturn I just saw...

Reply to
John Reece

refers to the 966. There was supposed to be a new wagon/van platform called Lambda. New plant was to be built in Delta Township (outside Lansing), replacing the old Grand Am/Alero/Malibu (Classic) plant. I believe opening of that plant is now delayed until sometime in 2006. Rumor also has it that GM is adopting a van/truck platform from Subaru to become Lambda. I guess we'll know more after the Detroit International Auto Show in January.

Nothing on the 967 or 968, but, given the proximity of numbers, those are likely to be platform siblings (i.e. Buick, Pontiac) to the 966.

--Zaphod

Reply to
Zaphod Beeblebrox