Problem with retractable arial on 1990 Buick Le Sabre station wagon

My stepson's car just developed a problem which we haven't been able to fix. The motor for the retractable arial just keeps wirring but not moving the arial up or down. The problem is that we can't shut it off at all, it keeps going even when the ignition is off and last night the only way we could stop it was to disconnect the battery.

Does anyone know which fuse it is connected to? We tried accessing the fuse-box this evening but it is in the most awkward place and I didn't dare mess around with trying to take fuses out in the dark. Also, how would we access the arial motor?

Any help or input would be appreciated, thanks in advance,

Neil

Reply to
Neil Ralley

You may be able to unplug the wire harness for the motor. Its probably is in the right front kick panel area under the dashboard or slightly above or behind the glove box.

Good Luck.

1991 Pontiac Bonneville LE 3800 V6 ( C ), Black/Slate Grey _~_~_~295,558 miles_~_~_

~~~The Former Fleet ~~~

Harry Face