Question about replacing water pump on 85 Caprice.

Hi,

Last time I replaced my waterpump on my 85 Chevy Caprice the power steering pump was a major pita. I remember loosening all the bolts on it, and propping it up on something, to get it out of the way.

Is there some way to leave the power steering pump alone? I would have to slide the water pump in behind the pwr steering bracket then, and it looks like a tight fit, and might screw up the gasket on the h2o pump.

It's time for me to replace the water pump again. Any labor saving ideas on replacing the H2O pump are welcomed and appreciated !

Thanks, User

Reply to
User132384