Questionn for Ian

Ian, are the 2001 up 3.1's and 3.4's still having intake manifold gasket problems, Thanks, Shep

Reply to
Shep

Yes, the problem doesn't really go away (and even then, who knows) until the 2004 year I believe.

Ian

Reply to
shiden_kai

While on the subject of improvements to engines. Ian, how are the Series III 3800's doing? I take delivery of my Grand Prix on Fri, hoping for lots of trouble-free miles.

Reply to
Mike Levy

Reply to
Shep

Actually, I think that if a person is aware of the problem, there is nothing wrong with buying a vehicle with these engines. They are tough as nails and we rarely do any major work, other then catastrophic failures because the coolant was allowed to be be in the oil for an extended period of time. I'd buy one.

Ian

Reply to
shiden_kai