Re: 2004 Malibu MAXX turn signal failures

Hello,

> The problem could be that I actually use my turn signals when appropriate > and have already put 24,000 miles on my Malibu MAXX. I have had the left > front turn signal burn out twice. I cleaned off some melted plastic from > the socket and applied what I call "di-electric" grease to the third bulb > and that signal has been ok for about four months. This week the right > rear bulb went out. I didn't notice any socket damage or plastic > scorching this time, just a dead bulb. > > Hopefully the Chevy "Wagner" brand bulbs are just bad product, and the > Sylvania long life replacements will perform better. For now I am keeping > two new bulbs in the glove box. > > I haven't had this many failures since my first car, a "heavily" used 1974 > Plymouth Duster. > > Cheers, > Carl > >

The front turn signal lamps are always lit when driving since they are the new generation daytime running lamp (DRL). I see 4-5 GM cars on the road each day with one front turn signal DRL burned out. Friends/coworkers complain about the same thing....including the charred sockets you mention. Very common....get used to it. The Sylvania long life's may help some, although the OEM bulbs are *supposed* to be the extended life type as well!!

Reply to
James C. Reeves