Re: 2009 Chevy Malibu--Rebate Question

On Wed, 19 Nov 2008 15:28:33 -0800 (PST), Michael

> > wrote: > >I notice there is now a $1,000 Rebate on the 2009 Malibu 4 cyl/LS > >(except hybrids). > > In Canada (my part of S. Ontario) the $1000 "Holiday Bonus" - not a > rebate but just $1000 off the price - has been offered since at least > Nov 12 according to the newspaper ad in my hand. =A0Could have been in > place much longer - dunno - wasn't shopping till this week. > > I just bought an Chev Uplander LT1 van with a few extras for C$18,000 > plus sales tax and some small dealers fees, using the same $1000 bonus > as you get on the Malibu, a $5,800 discount for taking it on a > 72-month lease that is completely payable anytime after 3 months > without penalty or interest (go figger!), and some retired employee > discounts of approx. $4000. > > All the GM dealers in my part of Canada are offering these discounts > at the moment.

Happy Trails and Ed...Thank you both for your feedback. It had been 12

1/2 years since my last new car purchase and I take heart in realizing that my experience was so bad and distrustful this time (with the Malibu) that because of my age I will very likely never have to go through this again (barring accident) 12 1/2 years from now. I like the car however!!!
Reply to
Michael