Re: Engine tick

Hyraulic valve lifters are leaking down and slow to pump up; restricted > oil

> passageways (sludge) may be at fault. > > The worst in history was the 1950-1952 Chevrolet powerglide engines. Low > pressure-feed (15psi) oil was introduced at the rear of the engine block > at > lifter #12 and made it way serial-wise around each lifter to #1 at the > front, if it ever made it that far.

Fool....no such thing as a "powerglide engine".

Reply to
Hairy

I know I'm late responding, but the powerglide engine referenced did exist. The name refers to the 235 ci displacement engine used with powerglide automatics. It had hydraulic lifters, and the standard shift models had a

Reply to
ROY BRAGG

The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World! >100,000 Newsgroups---= - Total Privacy via Encryption =---

Reply to
Shep

I had a '51 Chevy with the 2-speed "powerslush" tranny.

I can remember pulling the valve cover ( pre detergent oil ) and literally scraping a pound of greasy residue from the inside.

Reply to
Anonymous